Friday, September 14, 2012

Dining table update

My hubby's grandparents handed down their dining set to him, it was nice quality furniture but was super dated (60's). So of course I had to modernize it. Unfortunately I don't have the before pics (i did this before I started the before after thing).

I removed all of the foo-foo dated stuff on the China cabinet and primed and painted the cabinet black. I replaced all of the hardware with simple brushed nickel pieces and I think it turned out great.
The table was stripped of dated materials and strain, then I primed it and painted it black. The original chairs were heavily damaged do we just decided to replace them. We originally purchased some cheapy chairs from wal-mart but they aren't holding up well.

Here is what we had before, excuse my craft stuff on the half wall (I am in the middle of painting my Christmas Village):



One day I walked into Lowe's and saw some great patio chairs, that look more like dining chairs and immediately wanted them. They were originally $198 for two. No way was I paying that much so I kept eyeing them (since it I'd the end of the season). So then I found them a few weeks later for $100 for two...ok better but still no (since I need 6).  Yesterday I totally lucked out and there the beauties were for $50 for two...SOLD!!

Just realized I paid $50/set of two for the crappy Wal-Mart chairs, so same price better chairs.

At first my husband thought that I was strange for wanting patio chairs for the dining room table but my thought was...the legs are metal (which in my mind = stronger), and they are built to be used outdoors which means they can take a beating. SWEET!! And bonus, as I was putting them together I realize the fabric covers unzip/velcro so you can remove them and change them...SUPER SWEET!!!



And now the after:



No comments:

Post a Comment