Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Let there be light! In Progress

The builders/designers of my house seem to be smoking something when it came to the kitchen, since there were only 3 full-size upper cabinets but there was clearly space for another cabinet to the right of the sink (above the dishwasher). See what I mean:

(We have made a few changes since this picture- I will take a full kitchen picture once our current project is due).


So here is what we are working on: 

We added a new cabinet over the dishwasher (excuse the mess) and I wanted hubby to add a bridge over the sink so that we could attach some lights (when you are at the sink you block the light). So here is the cabinet in place with the bridge (obviously still hooking up the lights).

Yay! Bridge in place and lights are operational. Only thing left to do is paint the bridge and put up the molding! 


Total project cost- to date:
Cabinet- $80
Bridge- $5
Lights- $30 (on sale set of 4)
Trim for cabinet- $6
Total- $121

(using paint that I already have)

Still need to purchase molding which will be about $20. Which will put me around $140/total. Can't believe that we are making such a huge change for such a small amount. 

I will post more as we progress.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice kitchen. I painted the cabinets in my last kitchen black and loved them! Nice site!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete