Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How to Refill a Lysol No-Touch Refill

I recently realized that ever since we purchased our No-Touch system I have never bought any refills. Don't get me wrong we we have to replace plenty, they have just been purchased by my daughter or hubby in rushed trips to the store. With that being said I was grocery shopping the other day and remembered that we needed another refill, I about feel over when I saw how much these little container, that don't last long at all, actually cost...almost $5. So I picked up a $2 HUGE bottle of Dawn and I was on my way.

The rest of the time in the store I kept thinking to myself...I saw a tutorial on how to refill a Swiffer bottle so I am sure there is a way to refill these Lysol bottles too.

Well I figured it out...so in an effort to save you the trouble and save your pocketbook some cash this is what you do:



So you take your empty Lysol bottle and a table knife...



Slip the tip of the knife under the edge of the lid, it is a bit tricky and it will seem like you are going to break the lid. But just try to get the tip of the knife as far up as you can in the middle of the lid and pry the knife back. It takes a bit of effort but it will come off...and BTW will probably fly across the room when it does. 

I have a weirdness about mixing soap so I lightly rinsed the tad bit of soap that was still in the bottle out...

Then fill up your bottle with whatever kind of soap you have or want to use.

Then just pop the lid back on, super simple :)  I am sure the lid can only  handle this a few times but you can bet I will do it until that freakin' lid falls apart :)  By refilling you will save SOOO much (and this can be done for the bathroom systems too). If you buy the large refill soap bottles of hand soap or dish soap the cost savings will be HUGE!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! I was looking everywhere for a solution!! :)

    ReplyDelete