Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Linen/cleaning storage




I purchased this armoire (on craigslist for $75) to provide a central location for the kids to do their homework and use the computer...but it didn't really work out after awhile since we replaced their old desktop with a laptop.

Now that sucker (the laptop) spends more time in the rest of the house than where it belongs.




So I decided to make it into an organized space to house office supplies, which I was in the middle of doing a you can see.


A few days later I was so frustrated cramming towels and blankets into our dinky linen closet I decided to shake things up a bit.


The plan: to convert the linen closet into a cleaning closet, and the armoire will become the new home for our towels, bedding and blankets (not that we have many of these). But where in the world will all of the office supplies go?

Most of them will go bye-bye as we really don't need all of these supplies (many are left over from my return to college a few years back). Those that get to remain tenants in our house will be neatly confined to baskets or my file drawer in my desk/hutch/lateral file in my master bedroom. I know, I know- an "office" in the master. Hey it works for us, sometimes you have to do what you have to do in a 3 bedroom, 1600 sq ft house.

Ok so this is after the swap...Not super organized like some ladies on pinterest but it looks neater and now everything fits and we can find it that's what matters to me.

The Armoire...so much better and still have room in the bottom

Top of linen closet...uh-hmm I mean cleaning closet/office supplies

Bottom of closet








No comments:

Post a Comment