Monday, June 18, 2012

Plant ledge redo

Of course I have no before picture, but I can best describe the before as a hodge podge of various things I have collected over the years.

This ledge is in my rustic/southwest/cotton room so it needed to go with that vibe. 
  • Before the "makeover" the large grapevine wreath on the left had fall leaves on it
    • The details of this change can be found in a previous post on this blog (Cotton Wreath)


All of these items I spray painted with a couple of different Rustoleum metal paints
  • The glass vase next to the wreath was purchased on clearance for $5 and I filled it with wicker balls ($3.00 from Wal-Mart)  but they were green and red, I love Christmas but not all year long ;)
  • Next objects (sorry can't see them very well) are actually 4 pieces stacked on one another to make 2 taller jars. They were green glass, now copper. 
  • Next on the right is a wire candle stand (which was fine in look and color to go with the room but the candle was red, now copper). 
  • The spires were an ugly green (but I bought the set for $3 at a local thrift store), the middle section was painted copper and the base and points were sprayed with a darker metallic. 
  • Then, you can barely see my AZ snowman he is a snowman sheriff but he is meant to be dirty and rustic so I left him out, because he really doesn't look all that Christmasy. 

 


  • Next to the snowman is a small collection of pots that makes a waterfall and it really works, I just don't turn it on. 
  • Then we have this awesome 2 piece candelabra that I LOVE! But it was silver and the candles on it were a lime green (hey I know it was ugly but I bought all 12 candles for $2 on clearance at Michael's).  I spray painted the candelabra with a dark metal paint and the candles with the copper paint.
  • Lastly another glass urn (also $5 on clearance). 
    • I previously had fake freesia in this urn but that obviously did not go with the room- so out they went. 
    • I purchased a couple of bags of fine sand from Michael's for the base filler and some fake flowers. The flowers are small and are on long twigs, they look a little like cotton buds or at least something more in tune to the AZ desert.  


Total cost of project (including original purchase price)- $100

No comments:

Post a Comment