Friday, July 13, 2012

Bold Statement-Laundry Room

Although I love the outcome of my laundry room, I felt the dinky little, cutesy signs above the shelf were to small. So time for a cheap, quick fix.

The fix...1' x 6" wood letters from Hobby Lobby and paint.
The letters cost about $3/ea and I bought 4. Already had the paint so total project cost $12.
The original idea was to paint the letters white and hang them right on the wall...but had to change that a bit (a new idea popped into my head)

So new plan, glue the letters to a piece of scrap wood I had lying around (happened to be the right size- how perfect) and paint the whole thing. To get the spacing right (it was going to be a tight fit) I just laid the letters on the board as best as I could fit and traced parts of each letter so I knew where it was supposed to go. 



The "S" looks a bit crazy but I realized during this step that it is a touch smaller, but no biggie. The left edge of the "W" and the right edges of the "H" were hanging off the board so I sanded them flush to the edge.


 Then I got the crazy idea to paint this whole thing black, then paint over and rough up the edges to show some black here and there...

But I didn't like it and decided to paint the whole thing white...

First coat...


Second coat...

Now just need hubby to hang it up, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment