Friday, July 13, 2012

Sit a Spell



Hmmm, what is with this chair? Did someone actually think it was comfortable? Well it will be comfortable...not just to sit in but to look at.



The plan: paint the chair to go with the Holly Golightly inspired bedroom and pad the seat so it will be used.

Step 1: Disassemble chair, this chair was easy enough to take apart. The seat was held on by 4 screws (must remember this when putting it back on since there will be fabric covering this area.

I wanted to redo this chair for little out of pocket so I decided to use leftover Tiffany blue paint from another project for the chair and I searched the house for an acceptable cushion for the seat.

Then I remembered that I have these couch pillows that don't really work that I was just going to recover...but the insides will work perfectly!

I cut this sucker open and reused the wicker chair seat



Ok- change in plans. I had the bottom done but I wasn't digging it so I went a totally different direction. My office is downsizing and is getting rid of a lot of stuff so I decided to take this funky, little, pink chair and give it a new home...mine.


Here is what I came up with: paint the base black and cover (without removing current material, since it is in fine shape) with the same fabric I purchased before. Unfortunately I put the pattern the wrong direction on the top section and didn't realize it until I was completely finished :(  Oh well, it is staying like it is, it still looks better than before

**Update- unfortunately this chair was at the end of its life and I had no idea...boo. So it fell apart a couple days later and was unfixable so we had to replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment