Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gettin' Gussied Up!- Side table to makeup table


My previous project to create an awesome tv cabinet out of a china cabinet has led to my poor, cutesy side table (turned tv stand) being homeless.

She is much cuter in person

Pretty much no room at the inn. But leave it to me I will find (make) a place, which brings me back to the Holly Golightly room. Cyd currently uses a redone armoire as a dressing/makeup table but..."shhh" she is getting a tv for her room this Christmas so we had to make room for that addition too. So here's the scoop...

We are moving the armoire to the wall by the foot of the bed and taking the cutesy side table (making it over) and putting it where the armoire once stood. Of course every makeup table needs a great mirror so as luck would have it the china cabinet, uh I mean tv cabinet had 3 large mirrors on the back wall of the hutch that were removed without breaking (amazing right?) So now we have a mirror. We are going to hang it on the wall above the table and frame it out so that it doesn't look like a crappy bathroom mirror. (**Update- I ended up just buying a full length mirror, it was only $12 and it was much easier and cheaper in the long run to go with this option**)

I am so excited to get this one finished. I am painting the body of the table in hot pink (Valspar- Very Berry- 1002-1A) in eggshell (so it can be wiped down). The drawers are going black inside and out and the drawer pulls are changing form wooden knobs to glorious jewel drawer pulls (which Cyd said represent the size of the diamond on her engagement ring when she gets engaged...keep dreaming kid)!

This is where we ended up...


Total costs:

Table- displaced from my living room
Paint- $15 quart of Valspar "Very Berry" (already had the black paint)
Knobs- $3/each 

Total- $27 (WHAT, WHAT!!!)

3 comments:

  1. can you tell me the measurements of this vanity? im looking at making one about this size :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just saw your post, this vanity measures about 44w x 14d x 29h

    ReplyDelete