Friday, July 13, 2012

Provocative Pinterest

If you are anything like me, you jump on the Pinterest website with all intentions of only perusing the pages for a few minutes, then suddenly realized that it is far passed your bedtime and your butt cheeks are sore from sitting for so long. Oh well, I checked my boards and other info yesterday and was amazed that I have 24 boards and 3438 pins, most of which desperately need cleaning and organizing. Sadly as I browse through my numerous posts I realized that I have only completed a few of the ideas that I definitely wanted to do.

Let's recap shall we:
  • Tried and failed at making my own wood stain with vinegar and pennies- never came close to turning green
  • Painted my kitchen countertop
  • Antiqued furniture
  • Made wood furniture look like barn wood, well sort of
  • Made homemade laminate wood floor cleaner
  • Created the shadowbox piggy bank (this one I really loved, you can't really screw it up)
  • Mod Podged and glittered stuff
  • We are in the process of collecting pennies from year of birth for me, hubby and our girls (4 sets) so that we can make keychains- everyone is on board with this one, they love the idea and I love that my little family is soooo close!
  • Put solar lights into mason jars for backyard table lights
  • My girls have cut up countless t-shirts to refashion them
  • Painted countless pieces of furniture
  • Removed mildew stank from my towels
  • Already knew how to find the best deals at Target...read this in a magazine years ago
  • Made the candy cane/marshmallow/chocolate cocoa stir sticks, if that is what you want to call it, they weren't too pretty
  • Created an emergency and family info binder
Ok, ok, you get the point. I have actually tried quite a bit but this doesn't even put a dent in all of the pins that I want to try. So maybe I need to take a break from perusing the picturesque pages of Pinterest and passionately partake in producing some perishables and pretty projects from Pinterest...see what I did there ;)

What projects did you find on Pinterest (or elsewhere) that you are dying to try??

No comments:

Post a Comment